Summer Opportunity: Hendersonville Library! See the attached Vol-teen application for Summer volunteers that would assist in the Summer Reading Program. Students must attend one orientation, two opportunities to choose one. The times are listed on the application. You may show up at the orientation today with their application, or email their application to Lucretia Brinkleyv Assistant Manager, Hendersonville Public Library of Sumner County 615.824.0656 or email@example.com See application here: Vol-teen App 2017 Take 2
VFW Food Bank in Hendersonville has updated contact information: VFW Hendersonville: Fred See 615-202-1733 or firstname.lastname@example.org–for verification of hours.
We at Wholesale Inc. want to invite you to volunteer at one of our Special need events. These monthly events are changing lives. Please come out and help us make this day happen for our kids with special needs and their families. These children live in a world that was not created for them and you have the opportunity to give them one day of pure joy. We cannot do this without the help of our community. Our goal is to provide every child with special needs a buddy to hang out with for the day. Wear socks and be ready to climb through inflatables and ball pits.
We will be hosting one of these events on the 3rd Saturday of every month. You will need to sign a waiver before participating. If you are not 18 your parent can sign it for you. We have these waivers available at the door or you may print one out and bring it with you. Thanks in advance for your help and I promise it will be worth your time! Please feel free to contact Sara McNatt at 615-330-0314 if you have any questions. We are located in the gym behind the Wholesale Inc. car lot. The address is: 1811 Gallatin Pike N. Madison, TN 37115
First Presbyterian Church of Hendersonville: Tutoring Program Every Monday and Wednesday at 5pm for Sudanese refugees. Contact Kathy Campbell to sign up: 615-822-1663
SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK: Summer Internship: Youth Volunteer Leaders will oversee groups of volunteers in various projects, either at the food bank or at one of our partner farms, while providing support in producing measurable results during each shift. Volunteer leaders will be trained in core principles of leadership and customer service during an 8-week session (June – July 2017). All the details can be found on our websitet.
Gallatin Shalom Zone is accepting volunteer applications for their after-school mentoring program. This program begins September 6 and runs Monday-Thursday from 2:45-4:45. They are really in need of more volunteers AND a part-time after school homework helper. If you’re interested, fill out a Volunteer application here: http://www.gallatinshalomzone.org/volunteer
Room In the Inn Winter Education Volunteers Needed! If you are interested in getting connected , please contact our volunteer coordinators, Wendy and Tina at email@example.com for more information. We are grateful to have all of you as a part of the Inn Crowd. Thanks again for all you do for our community.
Children’s Jail Ministry IS BACK! MONDAY – Thursday from 6-9pm at the Gallatin Jail. You’ll play with kids while their parents talk to loved-ones in jail. Contact Paula Peck @ 615-451-9744 or 615-739-8992 to sign up for dates. *Note: you’ll need a waiver signed to help out, make sure to call before your first visit.
Holy Name Church Maintenance: Help out at Holy Name Church in East Nashville on Saturday Mornings from 8:30-12:30. Jobs like: cleaning, painting, moving furniture, etc. the contact person is Mr. Billy Ransom at 615-636-0813. (call him to schedule times.)
St. JOSEPH Events: St. Joseph School and Church has lots of events coming up through their Shepherd Center and other things.
BUDDY BREAK @ St. Stephen Catholic Church help with special education and special needs kids and teens at St. Stephen Catholic Church. If interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a training. More about Buddy Break: Buddy Break is a free respite program for kids with special needs. Parents drop their “VIP” (we call our kids with special needs VIPs) kids and their siblings off at St. Stephen on the 3rd Friday evening of each month, and trained volunteers (Buddies) take care of them from 6:30-9:30 p.m. while the parents get a much-needed break. The Buddy Break program is a national organization with over 125 churches offering the event in 14 states.
Our Lady of the Lake Sunday Preschool Aides: Help with the Preschool Sunday school classes, at 8:20 and 11am. Sunday School starts Sunday, Sept 11th. Contact Ms. Sabatino to help out: Cyndi Sabatino email@example.com.
Help in the JPII Library! Help Ms. Gibbs in the morning from 7:15-7:45 or Ms. Stinnett after school in the library from 3:10-5:45 by shelving books, checking books out, straightening the library. See Ms. Gibbs or Ms. Stinnett to sign up.
Help with St. Henry Special Education Sunday School: Sunday Mornings from 9:55 to 10:55 to sit with and guide the student through the class. Contact Ms. Holzapfel at St. Henry to sign up. firstname.lastname@example.org
Salvation Army has lots of great opportunities for volunteers!
Sumner Teen Center is in need of volunteers! located at 976 Grassland Place – Gallatin.
* Cleaning-wipe down tables, sweep/mop floors, pick up trash.
* Social Media-we need a variety of video and photo media to post to social media for promoting the center. We could also use student input with our website and make suggestions for improving our outreach.
* Programming- plan and lead a craft or skill class or lead a game activity. This can be a art project like painting, sewing, or building or they can lead a group game or tournament. Also, if they have a skill (fishing, hunting, archery, drawing, programming, gardening, etc), they can lead a class sharing the skill. Class/Group Game leaders needed varying hours between 8-4 daily**
* Tutoring- We need students who are available to help with homework. Students with good grades in math or Spanish to help students in grades 6-12 in subjects from basic math, graphing and fractions to advanced math such as Algebra, Geometry, Trig and Calculus. For tutoring, we need a teacher reference and ask that a student provide days/times they are available and we will schedule students for them (we don’t need tutors every day). They will get a minimum of 48 hours warning by email or text, when an appointment is scheduled.
See our website at sumnerteencenter.org – follow the programs link to service hours, or direct link from here: http://stacy526.wixsite.
Great Opportunities coming UP!!!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Volunteer opportunities at Fort Negley. Although the visitors center is open Tuesday through Friday from noon to 4:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, staff is generally here from 8:30 am until at least 4:30 pm. We have several ongoing projects that might interest the students such as cataloging artifacts and researching various topics. Contact Krista Castillo tel:615-862-8470 (FLEX hours)
**Note: the Hearth at Hendersonville requires a brief screening process for volunteers, make sure to complete before you plan to volunteer.
FROM Hands On Nashville—Learn more or sign up for the following events (and many, many more) by viewing the opportunity calendar at www.hon.org:
- BELL Garden Work Day (Bellevue Edible Learning Lab) Help the BELL Garden thrive!
- School Supplies at LP Pencil Box (http://www.pencilfoundation.org)
- Food Bank Service at Martha O’Bryan Center (http://www.marthaobryan.org/)
- Weekends at Thriftsmart
Other Great On-Going Opportunities:
- Pick up fallen tree branches or clean the barn (or other farm chores) at ByFaith Farm in Joelton, TN. Contact JPII Alum Parent Lori Birckhead at email@example.com or 615-519-3559 to schedule your service (flex, survey or internship);
- Habitat for Humanity Restores need students 16 and older (under 16, with adult) to unload donations, merchandise and help with customer service Monday-Saturday 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. in Nashville (contact Dave Jaeger tel:615.942.1276 OR firstname.lastname@example.org ) or in Gallatin Tuesdays-Fridays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and every Saturday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (contact Bob Williams–email@example.com or 615-230-3032). If you’re under 18, please fill out this Volunteer Waiver. (flex, survey or internship)
- Every Monday and Thursday from 6-8 p.m., you can help watch the little ones while their mothers study for their GED at the Christian Women’s Job Corp held at the Madison Church of Christ at 106 Gallatin Pike N. Click here for info on how to get on the volunteer schedule! (flex, survey or internship)
- McKendree Village (at 4347 Lebanon Pike, Hermitage) Volunteer Coordinator Scott Rowenzcak would love to find a meaningful service opportunity for you! You can pick the day! Ready? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-871-8538. (flex, survey or internship)
- Want to work with seniors in the Hendersonville area (1020 Carrington Place) during the day, after school hours, weekends or holidays? Contact Elmcroft Senior Living Activities Director Klaudene Gourley at email@example.com or at 615-264-2440. (flex, survey or internship);
- Elmcroft of Twin Hills at 94 Twin Hills Dr, Madison (just 2.5 miles from JPII) would love to team up with some student volunteers weekday afternoons till 5 p.m. or Saturdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Contact Emily Carter at 727-455-6449 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details on getting started with a volunteer application and orientation (flex, survey, or internship)
- ThriftSmart (Nashville) offers 50% off every Friday with your school ID. They are open for volunteers Monday – Saturday 9am-9pm, and 12-6 on Sunday. You can sign up directly or through Hands on Nashville.