Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways donors can make gifts to JPII, depending on their circumstances:
- Check made payable to:
Pope John Paul II High School
117 Caldwell Drive
Hendersonville, TN 37075
- Credit Card: You can make a single gift or recurring gift to JPII through Paypal by going here.
- Pledges: Smaller gifts given on regular intervals can have a powerful cumulative effect. Payment schedules can be arranged for your convenience, whether yearly, semi-annually, quarterly, or monthly. Pledge reminders will be sent to you as per your instructions
- Gifts of Stock: This is an excellent way to give which may have tax advantages for you. If you own appreciated securities that have been held for more than twelve months and give them as a gift to JPII, you can benefit by:* claiming a charitable income tax deduction for the full value of the shares* avoiding the capital gains tax that would have been due if the shares were soldPlease consult your tax attorney for the deductibility of your gift. Circumstances will vary with income and other factors. Gifts of stock are sold upon receipt. You will be credited for the value of the stock on the date the gift is made and a receipt is generated that reflects that value.
- Matching Gifts: A matching gift is an employer-sponsored program to encourage philanthropy among company employees in support of their chosen charity or organization. The matching gift program enables many donors to increase the impact of their contributions as most companies will match dollar for dollar, and some will double or triple match employee gifts. Your human resources representative can tell you if your company has a matching gift program and can provide you with the necessary form, which you may complete, sign, and send to the school.
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs): You may name JPII as a beneficiary.
- Gifts In Kind: These are gifts of tangible value, such as purchasing blocking sleds for the football team, “risers” for the choral program, or donating materials for designated school building projects. Please contact the advancement office if you intend to make such a gift so that the gift can be discussed and properly recognized for tax purposes.
- Legacy Gifts: These allow you to make sizable gifts as part of your will which can become part of your lasting legacy to the school. For more on these type gifts, please contact Michelle Barber, Dean of Admissions and Advancement, at 615-822-2375.